View Full Version : importing recovered dbx files
13th April 2010, 05:50
I have found where my emails were stored (By ZAR help) and saved them before reformatting disc. They are in .dbx format - how do you import them back into Outlook Express (Version 6) please?
13th April 2010, 10:37
To import your .dbx files back to Outlook Express you need to create appropriate
folders in the Oultook Express first and then overwrite their files with the ones you
1. Launch Outlook Express,
2. Under "Local folders"create as many folders as you need to import .dbx files
3. Close Outlook Express.
4. Go to that directory where Outlook Express stores the mail files
5. Find the .dbx files corresponding to the folders which Outlook Express created at the step (2).
6. Overwrite these .dbx files with your saved .dbx files
7. Start Outlook, check your data.
Please refer to http://www.z-a-recovery.com/outlook-express-dbx.htm for more info
about how to locate the directory where the mail files are stored.
vBulletin® v3.6.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.