View Single Post
Old 7th September 2008

Default Question about recovered files from broken ICH9R RAID5

Hello!

Maybe this question is already answered before, so I apologize if so.

After I scanned through my broken ICH9R RAID5 I found a lot of files with red mark, meaning that they are presumably broken. However I did the copy procedure for all files and checked several mp3 and jpg files that were reported as damaged, but they actually are OK.

So, since I have more than 10000 red marked files, do I have to check every recovered file to be sure that it is actually OK or no, as ZAR says that they are broken.

Also I do not understand one thing.
I had one pretty large folder along with another folders within a folder in the partition root. ZAR found full file and folder structure of the root folder but that large folder within the root folder is missing. I found that all the folder is found as fragments and LostDir's, so the Folder inner structure is lost. When I tried to connect all 4 drives to ICH9R controller (motherboard actually) I could still access that particular folder and even copy out some files and they are working. So why ZAR cannot see what is still usable even in normal way?

And the last thing about save states. When I try to load saved state it always says that it cannot identify 1 or 2 drives. Does it mean that I cannot use the save state for recovery and I have to do a time consuming rescan again?

Thank You in advance!

Regards,

Tom.