ZAR data recovery forum This forum is the official point of contact for technical questions related to Zero Assumption Software products. Ordering-related questions should be directed here. The forum is monitored 13:00 - 20:00 GMT on working days. Current time is 10:39 GMT, Thursday.

Go Back   ZAR data recovery forum > Data recovery & support > ZAR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ZAR ZAR-related questions. Digital image recovery; General data recovery (filesystems and RAIDs).

Old 13th August 2007

Default Zar to recover deleted partiton?

Hi there, I am new to the program and I am trying to get the evaluation version to work just to see if the prog works with my particular problem before I buy the full version.

What happened is I was installing vista and i accidentally deleted the partition that had my 250 gig hd with 185 gigs of over 3 years worth of data . I did not reformat it, but some how when I installed the OS, it made that drive as C: and before I knew it, it installed a folder to it, just some Dell drivers.

Anyway, it does see all of my data after I do the intital scan, but of course I can only recover 4 folders. Well I tried that, set a target folder and everything, but it did not recover any files. It brought up some log or report after it was finished, but nothing was moved to the other Hard Drive. Will this program work with my problem and if so what happened to make the test version not work? Thanks in advance for any help!

Jeff
Old 13th August 2007
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Alexey V. Gubin
Default Re: Zar to recover deleted partiton?

That looks strange. It is certainly not supposed to be this way.
The log file,
c:\program files\zar\logfile.txt
should contain a record of what happened, near its end. Near the end of log, there should be some lines listing the files it copied, and, most importantly, the error codes for any problems it have encountered along the way. If you look it up, what it looks like, and post the part of the log file here, I could then investigate the issue.
Old 13th August 2007

Default Re: Zar to recover deleted partiton?

Ok thanks! I'll do that when I get home, in about an hr. Thanks again,

Jeff