ZAR data recovery forum This forum is the official point of contact for technical questions related to Zero Assumption Software products. Ordering-related questions should be directed here. The forum is monitored 13:00 - 20:00 GMT on working days. Current time is 21:27 GMT, Tuesday.

Go Back   ZAR data recovery forum > Data recovery & support > ZAR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ZAR ZAR-related questions. Digital image recovery; General data recovery (filesystems and RAIDs).

Old 15th April 2012

Default ZAR not recognizing any files or folder during scan. PLZ HELP!!

Hi,

I'm a new user of ZAR and am using v8.3 (I didn't realize there was a newer version until after started the scan). I have a 2TB SATA harddrive which has about 1TB of data on it and one day it didn't show up on my computer as a recognized harddrive. When I went into MANAGE and under the DISK MANAGEMENT it showed by, however as an "UNALLOCATED DRIVE". I figured all I needed to do was to assign a drive letter, so I attempted to create one by assigning a new Volume (I knew later I shouldn't have done this). Along the menu it asked me if I wanted to format and I of course said NO. Now that the drive has a letter it won't let me access the drive unless I format, which I will not do for obvious reasons.

I have downloaded your v8.3 trial and it did show my hard drive. At the window where it shows "Select a Volume to process", there were only 2 options, one that actually showed a file system type with a size of approx. 1.8TB, and the other being classified as "Define Volume...". I chose the first one that actually showed my hard drive size.

The scanning begain yesterday and after 26 hours the scanning process is about 80% completed. This doesn't bother me much as the software is not frozen and still processing. What is getting me worried, however, is the fact that under the "Recovery Process Run information" it says it has located 0 files in 0 directories.

My primary question is does this result so far mean that it will likely not locate ANY files knowing that the scan is already 80% completed and I had about 1TB of data?

Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sunny
Old 16th April 2012
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Alexey V. Gubin
Default Re: ZAR not recognizing any files or folder during scan. PLZ HELP!!

Continue scan. The files or directories should be displayed later.